Friday, September 11, 2009

Blessings

Wow what a week. It started with the fair, and the stress that brings, then my husband got the call that all military family's hate. He was put on alert status, and we are just waiting for deployment orders. Then last night we found out they are closing the Dell call center, and he will be laid off. My kids have been sick, and I started feeling sorry for myself. Why us I asked myself? We do everything we are supposed to.. Go to church pay our tithing, so why us? Bill kept promising that everything was going to be alright. How? We will have no money, and he my be leaving the country for a year. Then I woke up this morning, and turned on the news, and it reminded me what today is, and how small my problems seem next to the rest of the world, and even so many in my own country. 8 years ago so many lost everything, and here I am worried about such small things. I started to remember all the blessings I have, and started feeling guilty for questioning why me. I have my family, and we are all healthy. We have a home, and food. (There are so many in the world that don't even have that). I have a Heavenly Father that loves me, and I am so blessed to belong to his church. I am blessed with a husband that will do everything, and anything, so I can stay home with our children. I am thankful that I live in a country where we have so many choices and opportunities. I really am blessed, and am thankful for the little problems that I do have. They help remind me of just how good I do have it, and how blessed I am. I know that I will get through this, and that Heavenly Father will be there to help me. I just have to remember that no mater how bad it gets, it could always be worse...

4 comments:

Tara said...

Liz,
Great Post...I'm so sorry you have had one of those weeks...I can truly say that I know how it feels not in the "deployment" part but how great it is that you can see the blessings and miracles through the storms. Everything will work out and everything...EVERYTHING happens for a reason...we may not always no those reasons but it will all workout in the end...and it is because you do those things like paying tithing...going to church..and staying faithful! We will pray for you and keep you in our thoughts. Please let us know if we can do anything for you!!

Tara

wurtz said...

Sorry for the bumps in your road. I hope things will turn around for the better, sooner than later. Remember to stay positive. Everything will work out. Love you!

robinbonner said...

It's always hardest while you are in the 'storm' to see the rainbow. I love that you are focusing outside of what is going on. We are ALL praying for you. I am CERTAIN that ALL will work for your good. Meanwhile know that you are loved and that there is a God in Heaven who loves you and will help you through everything. WE will ALWAYS be there for you too. Lean on us for a while and on all who love you. It's alright to let us help where we can. Be happy. The clouds will clear. XOX

Clark Family said...

I'm sorry this is happening right now. But at least it won't happen until next year! Those are really good news, and everything Dell is doing and will be doing for you guys. I'm sure you can already see how things are working out for you guys.
Keep busy with the kiddos, and the time will fly. I know this to be true.
Love you!
Patsy