Wednesday, January 20, 2010

AnnaBelle's first trip to the ER....

So on Saturday January 16th I ran to get a few things at the store. When I was checking out Billl called, and said I needed to hurry because AnnaBelle had gotten hurt and needed me. When I got home I found a screeming baby, and Bill with blood on the front of his shirt. I took the baby, and asked what happened. Bill explained that she had been back in Ander's room with the kids, and they somehow knocked the 50gal glass fish tank that Ander keeps his hamster in over, and it had landed on her head. I told hom we needed to take her to the ER just to make sure she was ok, and find out where the blood was coming from in her mouth. When we got to the ER she started pucking, and they rushed us back. After a few tests, and a good lookover by the Doctor, we found out that her head was going to be OK, but she had cut her tounge very bad. We took a very sad baby home, and did what we could for the next 2 days to try and help her with the pain. She couldn't nures for about 36 hours, because her tounge was to swolen, and it hurt her so much. She is much better now, and acting like my fun sweet little girl again. I am so thankful that nothing worse happened.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Wow! that sounds so scary. i'm so glad though that the time off of nursing didn't cause her to wean.

oh - and random: my security word is boohoo!